Equal Employment Opportunity:
It is the policy of the Town of Somerville that all persons are entitled to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other lawfully protected classification. In complying with the provisions of all applicable state and federal civil rights laws, every effort will be made to employ the most qualified individuals without regard to the above factors.
View Current Open Positions
- Applications will be taken only if there is a posted position and the application is received within the posted period.
- Unsolicited resumes or resumes that do not accompany the official application will not be considered for employment nor be retained.
- We must receive a signed original application.
- Applications are available in Human Resources or a downloaded application will also be considered as an original.
- We do NOT accept faxed or emailed applications.
- Please submit a new application each time you apply for a Town job. Pursuant to Tennessee open records law, applications and resumes are subject to disclosure.
- We regret we are unable to answer all inquiries. We will only notify candidates selected for testing or interviews.
Drug Free Work Place:
As an employer, the Town of Somerville Tennessee is responsible for maintaining safe, efficient working conditions for its employees by providing a drug-free workplace. An employee who is under the influence of any drug on the job may pose serious safety and health risks not only to the user but to co-workers and the general public at large. For this reason the Town of Somerville does employer drug testing.