Town of Somerville Police Dept. took first place out of the top 5 officers nominated from across the state. The Town of Somerville, congratulates Officer Salto for the professional service and dedication he provides the community.
Each year the Town of Somerville Police Dept., participates in the Tennessee Highway Safety Office, (THSO) safe driving initiative. The enforcement efforts have reduced the number of deaths each year caused by traffic crashes. Officers, also use these enforcement efforts to look for other possible crimes, such as DUI and narcotics related crimes. Each year agencies from across the state, nominate officers for the THSO award Beyond the Traffic Stop. THSO staff, diligently review each case related to the officer that was nominated. (See criteria below.) This year Officer Gus Salto with the Town of Somerville Police Dept. took first place out of the top 5 officers nominated from across the state. The Town of Somerville, congratulates Officer Salto for the professional service and dedication he provides the community.
Officer Salto has served the community since August of 2014.
All entries in the Beyond the Traffic Stop award program must be based on traffic stops by duly sworn law enforcement officers. Each entry must be submitted by the observing officer’s agency head or superior officer.
- All entries in the award program must be based on a traffic stop occurring between January 1, 2018 and Oct 31, 2018.
- Entries are based on cases that were built because of a stop for a traffic violation (i.e. seat belt violation, speeding, DUI etc...).
- Thorough and professional police work by officer(s) to solve crime or to make arrests stemming from the traffic stop.
- Resulting benefit to community, law enforcement, public and highway safety.
- Element(s) of danger or risk to officer(s), citizens and crime victims; details of how officer recognized danger, took effective steps to reduce risks to law enforcement personnel, crime victims, and citizens.